Telephone: 415 743 2814
Jayne A. Peeters is Senior Counsel with Steyer Lowenthal Boodrookas Alvarez and Smith, LLP. She has over thirty years of experience representing businesses and individuals in the areas of commercial law, real property and title insurance. Ms. Peeters’ litigation practice focuses on title claims and business disputes. Ms. Peeters also represents businesses and consumers in complex and class action litigation, with a focus on antitrust. Ms. Peeters has successfully resolved numerous cases for her clients through motion practice, mediation and informal negotiations.
Ms. Peeters earned her JD from Hasting College of the Law, University of California, San Francisco (19821). She received her B.S. in Molecular Biology from the University of Wisconsin, Madison (1976) where she was in the Honors Program.
After raising her three sons in Marin County, Ms. Peeters and her husband divide their time between Big Horn, Wyoming, and Sonoma County. She enjoys spending time with family and friends, hiking, fly-fishing and identifying local wild flowers. Ms. Peeters is an avid Green Bay Packers and Wisconsin Badgers fan.
Admitted to Practice
- State of California
- United States District Court, Northern, Eastern, and Central Divisions of California
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- California State Bar
- San Francisco County Bar Association
Cases of Interest
- Representing direct purchaser corporate plaintiffs in an antitrust case against egg producers. Class certified and more than $130 million in settlements pending to date. In re: Processed Egg Products Antitrust Litigation (E.D. Pa.)
- Member of executive committee representing putative class of ticket purchasers against major airline carriers. In re: Transpacific Passenger Air Transportation Antitrust Litigation (N.D. Cal.)