Telephone: 415 743 2827
T.J. Lloyd joined Steyer Lowenthal Boodrookas Alvarez and Smith LLP as an associate in January, 2016, after working for the firm as a law clerk while he was in law school. His practice focuses on the areas of real property, commercial litigation, antitrust, and consumer class actions.
Mr. Lloyd’s commercial litigation experience includes successful representation of title insurance companies, construction contractors, and commercial landlords throughout San Francisco and the greater Bay Area. He is involved in all phases of the litigation process and appears on behalf of clients at depositions, mediations, motion and discovery hearings and status conferences.
In the antitrust area, Mr. Lloyd currently represents plaintiffs in In re Foreign Exchange Benchmark Rates Antitrust Litigation, No. 13-cv-7789 (S.D.N.Y), which challenges coordinated manipulation of the foreign-exchange market by a number of global banks.
Mr. Lloyd earned his law degree in 2015 from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law, where he graduated magna cum laude. During law school, Mr. Lloyd received six CALI awards and was a member of the Thurston Society. While at Hastings, Mr. Lloyd also advised early-stage tech companies as a member of the Startup Legal Garage Tech Module. Mr. Lloyd earned his B.A. in Politics from the University of California, Santa Cruz in 2007.
Mr. Lloyd is originally from Nevada City, California, and presently resides in San Francisco. When not helping clients with their legal needs, he enjoys hiking, snowboarding, and watching Giants games at AT&T Park.
Admitted to Practice
- State of California
- United States District Court for the Northern and Eastern Districts of California Education
- California State Bar
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Business Litigation and Civil Appeals
- Class Action Litigation
- Real Property and Construction
- Nonprofit and Independent School Representation
- Labor and Employment
- Title Insurance and Escrow
Cases of Interest
- In re: Aluminum Warehousing Antitrust Litigation (S.D.N.Y.) One of four firms representing corporate opt out companies in an antitrust case involving alleged manipulation of aluminum markets; order dismissing case on appeal in the Second Circuit.
- In re: Optical Disk Drive Products Antitrust Litigation (N.D. Cal.) Representing direct purchaser plaintiffs in antitrust case against manufacturers of optical disk drive products.
- In re: Foreign Exchange Benchmark Rates Antitrust Litigation (S.D.N.Y.) Representing a putative class in an antitrust case challenging price fixing in foreign exchange markets; more than $2 billion in partial settlements approved.